LobbyGuard kiosks with v5.68 and greater support Dymo LabelWriter 550 series printers, including models:
- LobbyGuard Kiosk v5.68 or greater
- Dymo Connect for Desktop Windows v1.4.3 or greater
- Dymo 550 series printer
- Dymo 550 compatible visitor badges
- Exit the kiosk application
- Download and install "Dymo Connect for Desktop Windows" (DCD) driver
- Optionally uninstall "Dymo LabelWriter Software" (DLS) driver if replacing a Dymo 450 printer
- Set up your printer
- Install a visitor badge roll in the printer.
- Connect the printer to the kiosk using the included USB cable.
- Plug the printer into a surge protector.
- Power on the printer.
- Windows will automatically detect the new printer.
- Ensure only one Dymo printer is installed
- Open the "Windows Settings" application
- Select "Devices"
- Choose "Printers & scanners" in left menu
- Click the "Remove Device" button for any other Dymo printers, such as a previous Dymo 450 or duplicate Dymo 550.
- Update your LobbyGuard Kiosk software to v5.68 or greater
- Contact LobbyGuard Support to initiate the automatic update
- Please note all kiosks in your group must update to this version
- Update your LobbyGuard Kiosk configuration file
- Open "Windows Notepad" as an Administrator
- Open file "C:\Program Files\LobbyGuard\LobbyGuard.Kiosk.exe.config"
- Locate the appSetting "key" named "badgePrinterTypeName"
- Change the "value" to "LobbyGuard.Kiosk.Devices.Dymo550.Dymo550BadgePrinter"
- When finished the line should be:
<add key="badgePrinterTypeName" value="LobbyGuard.Kiosk.Devices.Dymo550.Dymo550BadgePrinter" />
- Update your Kiosk Badge Length. Dymo 550 printers only support 4" badges manufactured by Dymo.
- Restart the LobbyGuard Kiosk