Accessing the desktop is necessary for various reasons regarding resolving issues with the kiosk or changing specific settings.
There are two main ways to access the desktop, one way is via the software itself and if that option is not available then a keyboard can be used to close the software.
Via software Control Panel
- Tap in the top right corner where the LobbyGuard Logo is located
- Enter the password to enter your kiosk's Control Panel, by default it is set to '12345'
- Tap the option to Exit to Desktop
The software will exit and the desktop will now be present
Via Keyboard to exit application
- If on a Sentry - Connect a USB keyboard to one of the ports located on the back of the kiosk
If on a Scout - Find the Wireless keyboard that came with the unit and turn the power switch located on the top right to on
- Press CTRL + ALT + DELETE(or DEL depending on keyboard) at the same time
- In XP the Task Manager will become present
In Win 7 a screen will appear, click on Start Task manager
- Click on the 'Applications' Tab of the Task manager
- Highlight the LobbyGuard application and select 'End Task'
The kiosk application will now close, and you will be on the desktop of the kiosk.