You will need to make sure two (2) double AA batteries are inserted into the keyboard.
1. Look at the top of the keyboard and look at the on/off switch. Make sure the switch is in the "ON" position as pictured below.
2. Once powered on you will need to press and hold FN and the C keys to activate Bluetooth discovery as pictured below.
3. Once the keyboard is in discovery mode press on the windows logo in the bottom left corner and click on the gear icon.
4. Then click on "Devices"
5. Click on Bluetooth on the left side and then click on "Keyboard Ready to Pair"
6. Click on the "Pair" button to pair the keyboard to your Defender unit.
7. If you see connected underneath the keyboard icon your keyboard will now be paired with your Defender unit.