When using a SnapShell Image Scanner with the Assist software, attempting to scan a license can freeze and/or crash the LobbyGuard Software. The reason this happens is due to an incompatible version of the CSSN SDK program that the SnapShell uses to communicate with LobbyGuard.
Uninstall the current version of the CSSN SDK
- Click the Windows Start button.
- Click on 'Control Panel' from the right-hand side of the start menu that appears.
- Open your programs list and identify the current installation of the SDK on your system.
- XP users - The Programs List can be viewed by clicking on the icon or "Add/Remove Programs".
- Win7 users - The Programs List can be viewed by clicking "uninstall a program" or "Programs and Features" depending on the view of the icons.
- The SDK will appear in the list similar to the image below, the version will most likely differ.
Install the new SDK
- Click HERE to download the latest version of the CSSN SDK to your computer.
- Once the download has finished, locate the file in the directory it was downloaded to and launch the Install Wizard by double-clicking on it. You can also choose 'run' from the dialogue box that informs you the download is finished.
- Click 'next' on all windows, all of the default settings are correct for our purposes (this includes the part where it asks if you have a license to use, one does not need to be used and can be skipped just by clicking 'Next').
- Once the Installation Wizard is complete, the new SDK will now be able to be used in conjunction with the LobbyGuard software and the SnapShell Image Scanner.
You should now be able to launch the LobbyGuard software and no longer encounter freezing or software crashing upon attempting to scan a Driver's License.