LobbyGuard Assist Installation Checklist
The checklist below outlines the necessary prerequisites for installing LobbyGuard Assist. Please examine each item carefully and verify your system and environment meets or exceeds these requirements.
- A dedicated computer used only for the purposes of using the LobbyGuard Assist software
- Windows 7 or Windows XP Operating System.
- 3.0 GHz Dual Core CPU or faster.
- 4.0 GB RAM or higher.
- Network connection speed that satisfies: http://kb.lobbyguard.com/entries/25289447
- Enough free USB 2.0 or 3.0 ports to support the peripheral devices you will be installing (i.e. scanners, printer, camera, bar code reader, etc). Do NOT use a USB hub with LobbyGuard Assist.
- 50GB free HDD space.
- Page File Size: Initial Size 4092K and Maximum Size 4092K. (XP Only)
- .NET framework v3.5 SP1 (or newer) installed.
- Firewall and proxy/filter access through ports 80 (http) and 443 (https).
- Disable Windows UAC (User Account Control) during the installation process If User Account Control is not disabled, and the computer rebooted afterwards before attempting to install Assist, then the application will be unable to fully install and registration will fail due to permissions issues.
- Full-time connection to the internet with access to http://admin.lobbyguard.com from your web browser.
- Logged in to Windows as a user with full Administrator rights. LobbyGuard Assist will be made available to all users on this PC and will run regardless of user rights; however you must be logged in with Administrator rights during the installation process or while trying to process an auto-update.
- Verify the LobbyGuard peripheral devices (i.e. scanners, printer, camera, bar code scanner, etc.) are NOT plugged into the PC. The Assist software should be installed first.
- Close any open applications, including anything running in the “applications” tab of the Task Manager.
- Close any open programs, including any programs running in the Windows system tray located in the bottom right corner of the screen of the Windows desktop.
- Suspend or Disable your anti-virus. It is perfectly safe to resume running your anti-virus software after install of the LobbyGuard Assist software.