How to use the LobbyGuard Directory Feature
The Directory feature in the LobbyGuard allows your visitors to choose from a predetermined list of employees in the facility who they're going to be seeing throughout the duration of their visit. Upon choosing someone from the Directory, LobbyGuard has the ability to notify the selected person via E-mail or SMS Text Message that the person is there for them. Each Workflow that is created has the option to display this listing so it can be available only on the viable Visitor Types. This means that if a visitor has appeared for a tour or if a at a school - a PTA meeting - they would be able to choose the name of the Tour Guide or the Teacher; However, on a Visitor Type such as Cafeteria however, you'd be able to skip showing the Directory Listing screen. The Directory is configured though the Administrative Utility Web Portal which can be accessed by going to LobbyGuard.net on any computer with an internet connection (Internet Explorer with Compatibility Mode enabled works best with our Web Portal).
Setting up Groups
Groups split up lists of people you have in your directory, and only one group can be used per station (a single LobbyGuard unit). Groups allow for entries to be made via Manually and Import of Excel Spread Sheets or through a constant connection to an LDAP / Microsoft AD server.
- Login to your Administrative Utility via LobbyGuard.net and click the Directory tab.
- Click on 'add/delete groups' Next to the Drop Down arrow
- Enter the name you wish to have for the group and a Default E-mail if viable
- A group name would generally resemble the facility the list of employees would represent since only group may be assigned to a station. If multiple stations exist in one facility or group of facilities that share the same domain, the group name could identify the list of employees in the area such as North Side and West Side building.
- If a Default E-mail is provided then every single notification will be sent to it.
- If you want to create another group, do not click Close or just re-enter the 'add/delete groups' page. Remove any information in the 'Group Name' and 'Default E-mail' boxes and then enter the new name and E-mail you wish to have. Click 'Create New Group' to have the Group appear on the listing to the left. Click 'Close' when you are done creating your groups.
- If you wish to change the name or the e-mail associated with the group, select the group via the listing on the left of the window. Change what you wish to have changed and then click 'Save'. The new name and/or e-mail will then take effect.
Adding Entries to your Group
Once your groups have been created the next step is to add entries to them so your visitors will have some one to select when they are at the kiosk. Entries are also added and managed through the Directory tab in the AU.
Allows for the addition of a single entry at a time by filling out a form.
- Choose the Group you want to add entries to by clicking the Drop Down arrow under 'Groups'
- Click the Drop Down arrow under 'Add entries for this Group' and choose 'Add Manually'
- You can now add the information for the person you want to add to the group.
- First and Last Name are REQUIRED, all other fields are optional.
- Notification options allow for an e-mail and/or a text message to be sent to the entry if the proper information has been provided in the e-mail and mobile phone boxes.
- Notifications will only be sent if the check for 'Send notification on sign-in' is checked on this page as well as on the Group Edit page which is accessed through 'add/delete groups' on the Directory tab.
- Pictures can be uploaded via the 'Browse...' and 'Upload Photo' buttons on the right of the page. Browse to the picture you want to associate with the entry via the 'Browse...' button, click Open after highlighting your selection and then click 'Upload Photo' Pictures must be of JPEG format to be uploaded.
Import From File
Allows for multiple entries to be added to a list by importing a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet to the group. The format of the file that will need to be imported is provided on the upload page.
How to format the file that will be imported
Choose the group in which you want to add your entries to.
Click the Drop Down arrow under 'Add entries for this Group' and choose 'Import from File'
- Click the link located next to the spreadsheet icon that says 'Click here to view the file format needed for import'
- Choose your preferred method of opening/storing the file.
- If you chose to save the file, locate it and then open it in Excel.
- Fill out the spreadsheet with the information you wish to have for each entry. The top row indicates what will be inserted into each column (DO NOT DELETE OR EDIT THE FIRST ROW) and what information will be translated into your Directory's Group.
- When you have completed the spreadsheet to your liking, be sure to save it with a name and in a location that you will remember.
How to import the file to your group
- Choose the group in which you want to add your entries to.
- Click the Drop Down arrow under 'Add entries for this Group' and choose 'Import from File'
- Click the 'Browse...' button located to the right of 'File Name:'
- Locate the excel spreadsheet containing the entries that you wish to add to your group and click 'open'
- Click the 'import' button to begin the process of transferring the information from the spreadsheet to your Directory's group.
- If the file is of a large size, the box labeled 'Import Status' will indicate when the transfer will complete.
- Once the transfer is complete, you'll be able to view, edit and delete the entries as you wish.