The Cross Hair barcode scanner requires that a set of default settings are enabled on the device in order to scan barcodes within the software. Loading scanner defaults enables the Barcode Scanner to interpret a wider array of barcodes then it is at unpackaging.
- Set the config file to use the Cross Hair barcode scanner as a License Scanner and Barcode Reader
- Access the Desktop of the unit. (CLICK HERE for how to access the desktop)
- Go to Start -> Computer -> C:\ -> Program Files -> LobbyGuard
- Sort the files by clicking on the 'TYPE' column
- Open the file called LobbyGuard.Kiosk.Exe.Config, with either a CONFIG or XML Configuration file type. Right click on the file and choose 'Open With' and select NotePad.
- Change the devices being used for the Drivers License Scanner and Barcode Reader to DS457. The two keys should read as follows
<add key="driverslicensescanerTypeName" value="LG.Devices.DS457, LG.Devices, Version=18.104.22.168, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" />
<add key="barcodeScannerTypeName" value="LG.Devices.DS457, LG.Devices, Version=22.214.171.124, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" />
- After the types have been changed Click File, and Save.
- Close the Config file.
- Load the Scanner Defaults in LobbyGuard
- Launch the LobbyGuard software
- Once the software is loaded, tap in the right hand corner of the screen and enter the password as needed in step 1.
- Click on "View Support Info", a button will appear in the lower right hand corner of the screen labeled as "Load Scanner Defaults"
- A message will appear indicating that the scanner is rebooting.
- Click on Exit to Desktop
- Relaunch the LobbyGuard Software
The scanner will now be properly configured to scan licenses and badges correctly.