PERTAINS TO: All DYMO Printers
This article will help you resolve issues regarding the DYMO label writers printing on more than one badge, or if it issues a blank labels after printing a badge.
1. Ensure the badges are of correct format and are not generic labels
- Generic Badges are those that are purchased from a store like Office Depot and the badges are generally completely blank
- LobbyGuard does not support the use of generic labels and needs to be purchased through the LobbyGuard store. Our badges have the LobbyGuard logo located on the bottom left of the badge which can be customized to have your own personal logo. (These are pre-printed so the customized logos would have to be shipped to you, there is also a fee for customized logos.)
- We no longer support the use of the 4" badges that have the LobbyGuard logo on the bottom right side
- If you are using generic badges please visit http://store.lobbyguard.com/category_s/42.htm for our selection of visitor badges and customization options
2. Clean the sensor to ensure the printer is able to read the dye holes in between the badges
- Use an alcohol cleaning card to clean the sensor and spool of any glue residue or pieces of badges that may have gotten stuck
- An alcohol cleaning card should have come with the welcome package you received when you got your LobbyGuard, if you do not have one you can purchase one from our store at http://store.lobbyguard.com/SL-Printer_Cleaning_Cards.html
- In order to run the cards, take out the current roll of badges by opening the lid and pressing the black eject button on the inside to free the badges from the spooler. After the badges are free from the printer spool you will be able to take out the roll of badges.
- Feed the cleaning card through where the badges go using the blue button to manually feed it through and then alternate also feeding it backwards using the eject button on the inside. Feed the card through around 20 times alternating the way the card goes through.
- Wait for at least 10 minutes to allow the printer to dry before installing the labels again.
- Use the DYMO built-in cleaning process
- The DYMO built in cleaning process is another method to clean the sensor of any possible residue and the spool of any leftover badges.
- Initiate the process (while having the badges in) by holding down the button that is lit-up blue on the front of the printer for 15-20 seconds.
- Once the process starts allow it to print on 10-20 badges and then press the front button again to stop it
- If you are sure you are using the correct badges and have done both cleaning processes ---- then the last thing is to pull off the front of the printer and try to get a visual on what may be causing the issue
- Open the lid and remove the labels by using the eject button to push the labels back through the spool
- Carefully grab the front face of the printer with your thumb on the top and your other fingers on the bottom and pull the top with your thumb. This will take off the front of the printer revealing the spool.
- Move the gray lever to the middle and use it to lift up the paper holder.
- Look down by the sensor ( a little strip on the left side that was under the paper holder that you just moved up ) and check to make sure there is no extra bade pieces or visible residue
- CAREFULLY!!! Lift the black lever to reveal more of the spool and identify if there is anything causing an issue.
- If you are able to gain visual on something like a piece of paper or glue, use a paperclip to CAREFULLY remove the excess.