Applies to: All LobbyGuard Products Date Updated: 6/29/2012
One of the most powerful features of LobbyGuard is the ability for your visitors to "register" themselves with the kiosk. This involves providing the visitor with a permanent plastic keytag, known as a LobbyGuard Frequent Visitor Keytag, or a LobbyGuard stick-on bar code which the visitor can use in future visits to quickly and easily sign in and out of the kiosk. In addition, a visitor can use the same keytag or stick-on bar code to register with other LobbyGuard Kiosks; for example, a person who registers himself with a LobbyGuard Kiosk at his workplace can use the same keytag or stick-on bar code to register with the LobbyGuard Kiosk at his child‟s school, making sign-in and sign-out much easier in both locations. In some cases you may wish to also unregister, extend or set an explicit expiration date for a Registered Visitor Keytag. This FAQ details the steps required to perform these actions.
How to register a frequent visitor keytag or mini barcode sticker:
- The first step is to provide the person who will be registering with their keytag
- Frequent visitor keytags and mini barcode stickers must be registered at the LobbyGuard unit itself, by the person who will be using the keytag. It is not possible to import or upload a spreadsheet of employees/visitors and their respective keytag numbers.
- Once the visitor is supplied with their new keytag, they should walk over to the unit and swipe it at the Welcome screen. There is no need to touch the sign-in button but rather they may just swipe it on the main screen.
Once this has been done the visitor will follow the on-screen instructions to complete the registration process.
The visitor will then only need to scan the LobbyGuard keytag or bar code sticker to sign-in and sign-out for future visits. There is no limit to the number of visitors who can register with your kiosk. For more information on Frequent Visitors see section "Registered Visitors" in the online User Guide.
- To edit a keytag or registered visitors profile, you would do this by logging into the Admin Utility Customer Portal, and click on the "Registered Visitors" tab. Here, you will see the name and keytag profile for everyone registered. See below for more information.
ASSIST PRODUCT: For clients using the LobbyGuard Assist product, this step is different. The employee will register the keytag for the visitor. Under the "Registration" section of the Assist software, you will click on the "Assign Frequent Visitor Keytag" button and then swipe the keytag. Afterwards, fill out the required fields and click "Submit" to register the keytag.
Frequent Visitor Keytags and stick-on bar codes are available at http://www.lobbyguard.com/supplies/
The keytag is attached to the visitor's keychain; the alternative stick-on bar code is highly adhesive and can be attached to an existing form of ID, such as an employee ID or a student ID. LobbyGuard can also be configured to make use of existing bar codes on employee ID cards, student ID cards, etc. For more information on this feature please contact email@example.com.
How to modify or change an existing registered visitors account:
- Log into the Administrative Utility.
- If you have forgotten your log-in information, click on the "Need Help Logging In" link, or submit a ticket to your facility for whoever manages your LobbyGuard product.
- Once you log into the Administrative Utility, go to the Registered Visitors Tab.
- Click the View link to the right of the visitor you would like to edit. This will open the Registered Visitors Detail Page.
- There are three options that can be used
- Unregister- This simply unregisters the keytag and it will no longer be able to be used for sign-in. When you select Unregister you will be prompted with a dialog "Are you sure you want to unregister this visitor?". Click OK to continue or Cancel to abort the process.
- This registration never expires- With this option selected, the keytag will not expire unless it is unregistered or edited to expire on a specific date.
- This registration will expire on the following date- By selecting a specific date from the date-picker the keytag will expire on that date.
- Once you have made your changes click the OK button to update the record.