Working with LobbyGuard Keytags and Stick-On Bar Codes
How to register a frequent visitor keytag or mini barcode sticker:
- The first step is to provide the person who will be registering with their keytag
- Frequent visitor keytags and mini barcode stickers must be registered at the LobbyGuard unit itself, by the person who will be using the keytag.
- Once the visitor is supplied with their new keytag, they should walk over to the kiosk and swipe it at the Welcome screen. There is no need to touch the sign-in button but rather they may just swipe it on the main screen.
- Once this has been done the visitor will follow the on-screen instructions to complete the registration process.
- The visitor will then only need to scan the LobbyGuard keytag or bar code sticker to sign-in and sign-out for future visits. There is no limit to the number of visitors who can register with your kiosk. For more information on Frequent Visitors see section "Registered Visitors" in the online User Guide.
- To edit a keytag or registered visitors profile, you would do this by logging into the Admin Utility Customer Portal, and click on the "Registered Visitors" tab. Here, you will see the name and keytag profile for everyone registered. See below for more information.
The keytag is attached to the visitor's keychain; the alternative stick-on bar code is highly adhesive and can be attached to an existing form of ID, such as an employee ID or a student ID. LobbyGuard can also be configured to make use of existing bar codes on employee ID cards, student ID cards, etc. For more information on this feature please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to modify or change an existing registered visitors account:
Log into LobbyGuard FrontDesk and select the BAR CODES sub-tab located under the ADMINISTRATION tab
Click the blue EYE icon to the right of the visitor you would like to edit. This will open the Registered Visitors Detail Page
On this screen you can unregister a keytag/barcode or even set an expiration date
- Unregister- This simply unregisters the keytag and it will no longer be able to be used for sign-in. When you select Unregister you will be prompted with a dialog "Are you sure you want to unregister this visitor?". Click OK to continue or Cancel to abort the process.
- This registration never expires- With this option selected, the keytag will not expire unless it is unregistered or edited to expire on a specific date.
- This registration will expire on the following date- By selecting a specific date from the date-picker the keytag will expire on that date.
- Once you have made your changes click Save Changes button to update the record.