LobbyGuard SL Site Survey
This document will help you prepare your environment for the installation of your LobbyGuard SL. Review each item and verify that you meet each requirement to ensure an efficient setup and installation process. Please note this document applies to installations of the standard LobbyGuard SL. If you have any questions please visit lobbyguard.com/support.
Minimum PC Specifications:
- Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10
- 2.0Ghz + CPU, 250 GB HDD, 4GB RAM, and 4 available USB ports
- Any touchscreen or non-touchscreen monitor
Included with LobbyGuard SL:
- Camera : 8 MP High-Definition
- Printer: Prints self-adhesive visitor badges on 4.5"w x 2.75"h stock
- Scanner: Bar Code scanner reads 1D and 2D (PDF417) bar codes, found on the reverse of most government-issued ID and drivers licenses
- Software: The LobbyGuard Visitor Management software including unlimited data storage on LobbyGuard's Cloud Services
PC pre-requisites: The LobbyGuard SL is ONLY compatible with Windows 7 32-64bit OS, Windows 8 32-64bit OS, and Windows 10 32-64 bit OS. The .NET Framework 3.5 component in Windows must be turned on. By default, it’s usually turned off—but exists—for most operating system versions. In “Programs and Features” click on “Turn Windows Features On or Off”, expand the .NET 3.5 option, and check all boxes. The latest Windows OS Service Pack must be installed, if not already. The computer needs to have its Power Options set to “High Performance”. Next, edit this mode and expand “USB Selective Suspend Settings” in order to set it to Disabled. Please refer to your IT personnel for assistance.
Enabling .NET 3.5
- In the start menu type windows feature:
- Select “Turn Windows features on or off”
- Check ALL boxes for the .NET Framework 3.5
- In the start menu type “power options”
- Select “Power Options”
- Select “Create a power plan”
- Select “High performance”, then select “create”
- Now select “change plan settings”
- Ensure the setting is disabled for USB selective suspend setting
Hardware: The Zebra DS457 scanner, Logitech C525 webcam, and DYMO Badge Printer are all included with your SL package. The Zebra DS457 measures 5.25”H x 3.5”W x3.5”D. A 6ft USB cable is included for the scanner which will connect to the PC. The webcam measures 1.5” H x 2.50” W x 1”D, and has a USB connection that will connect to the PC. The printer measures 6”H x 5”W x 8”D. The location you wish to place the printer should allow at least 3” of clearance on all sides. The USB cable included for attaching the PC to the visitor badge printer measures 32” in length. Note: In addition to connecting the printer directly to the kiosk, you can optionally attach the printer to a PC on your LAN and share the printer across your network, allowing the kiosk and the printer to be located in separate physical locations in your building. If you plan to perform this operation please see instructions here .
Power: The printer requires a single standard 110V power outlet, while the scanner and webcam will be powered via USB connected the PC provided.
LAN Connectivity and User Account: If you wish to join the LobbyGuard SL to your LAN/WAN you may do so as you would any other PC. The SL software is compatible with any Win7 or Win8 32bit OS. You will need to install the software with a user that has FULL admin rights, and UAC (user account control) FULLY disabled. Please refer to your IT personnel for assistance. Note: the SL needs full-time access to the internet and access to the servers listed below for successful operation.
Firewall Ports and Server Access: The SL communicates to LobbyGuard Cloud Services via firewall port 80 and port 443. The following servers must be made accessible / whitelisted for your SL to properly function: