Pertains to: LobbyGuard Assist
Windows permissions and rights, along with UAC, may cause a partial installation of the Dymo label printer. Sometimes the DYMO printer doesn't plug-and-play as it should leaving your LobbyGuard Assist product without a functional printer, although it works outside of the Assist software. The following steps can be followed to resolve:
- First, verify that within Devices and Printers (Printers & Faxes), there is only one Dymo printer listed and that its online.
- If it’s offline, check your cables.
- If there are multiple Dymo instances listed, delete all of them and reboot the machine so that it may add the printer properly.
- Close all open applications including those on your desktop and system tray
- Open a Command Prompt (Run -> cmd) and navigate to the LobbyGuard Assist directory
- If the computer is 64-bit, the LobbyGuard directory will reside within the “Program Files <x86>” folder
- If the computer is 32-bit, the LobbyGuard directory will reside within the “Program Files” folder
- You should get a confirmation that the files were registered
- If you get any kind of error, be sure that you are in the LobbyGuard folder when trying the command. To do this you type in “cd\” and hit enter, then you navigate to: “C:\Program Files\LobbyGuard” (or <x86>)before registering. A helpful screenshot is below. The assistance of your local IT tech may be required.
- Note: Peripheral drivers are always available online: http://files.lobbyguard.com/Support/Drivers
- Download the Dymo software package to the Windows desktop and then run the installer. Follow the directions carefully, choosing the default settings.
- After a successful installation, restart your machine
- If you restart and it still does not print, go to Devices and Printers and make sure that only a single Dymo printer instance is listed, and that it’s not offline or greyed-out. If there is an issue, proceed back to step 1.
- If you launch Assist and you get an error message, especially those regarding “Catastrophic” errors, then your installation of the original Dymo software did not complete successfully. Please uninstall the Dymo software and then reinstall it, followed by a reboot.