LobbyGuard Scout Site Survey
This document will help you prepare your environment for the installation of your LobbyGuard Scout Kiosk. Review each item and verify that you meet each requirement to ensure an efficient setup and installation process. Please note this document applies to installations of the standard LobbyGuard Scout. If you are installing accessories such as the optional wall mount or image scanner please see the separate documentation for those items. If you have any questions please visit lobbyguard.com/support.
Physical Location: The LobbyGuard Scout measures 16”H x 14”W x 8”D. The location you wish to place the Scout should allow at least 6” of clearance on all sides. This space should be clear of direct heat sources such as HVAC vents, other computer hardware, etc. IMPORTANT: Do not position the Scout facing directly into a light source such as a bright light fixture or toward a window where direct sunlight is present. This will result in a shadow being cast over the Scout during visitor sign-in and will result in poor image quality for visitor photos. The Scout should be positioned to face away from light sources.
Hardware : The LobbyGuard Visitor Badge Printer is included with every scout. The printer measures 6"H x 5"W x 8"D. The location you wish to place the printer should allow at least 3" of clearance on all sides. The USB cable included for attaching the Scout to the visitor badge measures 32" in length. NOTE: In addition to connecting the printer directly to the kiosk, you can also attach the printer to a PC on your LAN to share across the network, allowing the kiosk and printer to be located in two different locations in you building. If you plan to perform this operation please contact email@example.com.
Power: The Scout requires a single standard 110V power outlet and ships with a 15’ power cable. The printer requires a single standard 110V power outlet and ships with a 12’ power cable. It is required that the Scout and the printer are attached to a dedicated surge suppressor to prevent electrical damage to your LobbyGuard product.
Data Connectivity: Operation of the LobbyGuard Scout requires uninterrupted access to the internet. The Scout includes two options for data/internet connectivity:
- WiFi: The Scout includes WiFi support compliant with the IEEE802.11 b/g standard on the 2.4Ghz spectrum.
- Ethernet Port: The Scout includes a standard Ethernet port compliant with the following protocols:
- Supports Full Duplex flow control (IEEE 802.3x)
- Fully compliant with IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u, IEEE 802.3ab
- Supports IEEE 802.1P Layer 2 Priority Encoding
- Supports IEEE 802.1Q VLAN tagging
- The Scout includes a 6’ Ethernet cable for use in connecting the unit to your internet access point / wall outlet.
LAN Connectivity and User Account: If you wish to join the LobbyGuard Scout to your LAN/WAN you may do so as you would any other PC. The Scout operates on the Windows 7 Professional OS. You will need to create a user account that does not require password entry at the Windows login screen. This account will need full administrative rights to the Scout. Please refer to your IT personnel for assistance. Note: it is not necessary to join the Scout to your LAN. The Scout needs full-time access to the internet and access to the servers listed below for successful operation.
Firewall Ports and Server Access: The Scout communicates to LobbyGuard Cloud Services via firewall port 80 and port 443. The following servers must be made accessible / whitelisted for your Scout to properly function:
Antivirus, Data Backup and Windows Updates:
- Antivirus: The Scout does not ship with antivirus installed. You are free to install your standard antivirus package of choice on the Scout.
- Data Backup: All visitor traffic and other data is stored securely on the LobbyGuard Cloud Services and is subject to daily backups; no visitor or personal data is stored on the Scout hard drive.
- Windows Updates: The Scout ships with Windows Updates turned OFF. You should apply the desired update policy to the Scout as you would any other PC in your environment.